Kanmada Bhasmam is a mineral bhasma/ calx Ayurvedic medicine. It is used in the treatment of gonorrhea, diabetes, leucorrhea, etc. It is available in power (ash) and capsule form.
Kanmada is Potassium nitrate. It is also known as Surya Kshara, Kalami sora, Soraka and Karpoora Shilajit.
Uses of Kanmada Bhasmam:
- This is reputed in gonorrhea and painful micturition.
- It is effective in diabetes.
- Used in the treatment of leucorrhoea, urinary stones, urinary tract infection and premature ejaculations etc.
Doctors also prescribe this for the treatment of:
Low Bone density, to improve bone strength, arthritis.
Ingredients of Kanmada Bhasmam: Potassium nitrate.
Dosage of Kanmada Bhasmam:
250 mg-500 mg with milk, butter, honey, sugar, ghee, turmeric juice or suitable decoction twice or thrice daily.
Each capsule contains 250 mg.
Side effects of Kanmada Bhasma:
- This medicine should be used only under strict medical supervision.
- It is best to avoid this during pregnancy.
- Seek medical advice for its usage during lactation and in children.
- Store in a cool dry place. Keep out of reach and sight of children.
Ayurvedic medicines with Kanmada Bhasma / Surya Kshara as ingredient –
Shweta Parpati – used in the treatment of difficulty in urination, dyspepsia, etc.