Amrutottara kashayam is an effective Ayurvedic medicine in liquid form. It is extensively used in the treatment of fever by Ayurvedic doctors.
It is also known by the terms Amrutottar kashay, Kwath, Amrutottara kashaya, Amruthotharam kashayam etc.
Amrutottara kashayam Benefits:
- It is used in all types of fevers. It contains Indian tinospora, which is a known immune booster and antimicrobial herb.
- It improves digestion strength and appetite.
- Excellent mild laxative.
- A full dose taken in the beginning of any fever gives a good purge and clears all fevers.
Doctors also use this for the treatment of
- Non Insulin Dependent Diabetes Mellitus
- High Cholesterol, Obesity, hyperlipidemia.
Amrutottaram Kashayam Dose:
- The dose is 12 – 24 ml, before food, at about 6 am and 6pm or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- It is usually advised to add equal amount of water to the kashayam.
- It is usually administered along with a small spoon of sugar.
Sugar or jaggery.
Amrutottara Kashayam Side Effects:
- There are no known side effects of this medicine.
- A very high dose may cause mild stomach irritation and diarrhoea.
Amruthotharam Kashayam Ingredients:
- Ginger – 2 parts
- Amruta = Giloya = Tinospora cordifolia – 6 parts
- Haritaki – Terminalia chebula – 4 parts
It is added with 8 parts of water, boiled and reduced to quarter part.