Brihatyadi Kashayam is an Ayurvedic medicine used in treating diseases of the urinary system. It is in herbal decoction form. It is also available in the form of a Kashayam tablet form. This medicine is widely used in Kerala Ayurveda practice.
Brihatyadi Kashayam benefits:
- Used in dysurea, urinary tract infection, Cystitis
- It has a diuretic action.
- Useful in treating urinary calculi.
Doctors also use this for the treatment of Gall stones
Brihatyadi Kashayam Side effects:
People who are under medication for high BP should take this medicine only under medical supervision.
Brihatyadi Kashayam dosage:
- 5 – 10 ml, before food, or on empty stomach, once or twice a day or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- If the Kashayam is concentrated, then it needs to be mixed with an equal quantity of water and should be taken.
- AVN manufactures this in the Kashayam tablet form.
- The dose of Brihatyadi Kashayam tablets is 2 tablets 2 times a day before food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
Dhanwantaram gulika or Vayu gulika.
Brihatyadi Kashayam Ingredients:
The Kashayam is prepared by following herbs in equal parts.
- Brihati – Solanum indicum – Anti inflammatory, anti tussive, expectorant, anti histaminic, analgesic
- Bhadra – Aerua lanata / Nidigdhika – Solanum virginianum – Root – 1 part – Immunomodulator, analgesic, diuretic, lithotryptic |
- Prishniparni – Uraria picta – Coolant, anti inflammatory, diuretic, soothing
- Shalaparni – Desmodium gangeticum
- Gokshura – Tribulus terrestris