Dadimadi Ghrita is an Ayurvedic medicine, in herbal ghee form. This medicine has ghee as its base. It is used for preparatory procedure for Panchakarma and also as medicine. Dadimadi refers to pomegranate. Ayurveda explains pomegranate benefits in utmost detail. ,It is the main ingredient of this medicine. It is also known as Dasdimadi Ghrit, Dadimadi ghritam, Dadimadi Ghritham etc.
Dadimadi Ghritam benefits:
- It is widely used as medicine and also in preparatory procedure called snehakarma for the treatment of heart diseases, anemia, piles, spleen diseases, cough and asthma. Good for all vayu ailments in the abdomen.
- It is also used in the treatment of infertility in women.
- In pregnant mother, it is given to improve the chances and ease of normal delivery.
Dadimadi Ghritam dosage:
As medicine – quarter to half teaspoon with water, usually before food, once or twice a day, or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
For Panchakarma preparation – Snehana procedure, the dose depends on the disease status and the judgement of Ayurvedic doctor.
It is usually administered with warm water.
How long to take?
It can be safely taken for a period of 6 – 8 weeks.
Dadimadi Ghritam Side Effects:
- There are no known side effects with this medicine. However it is best to use this product under medical supervision. Self medication with this medicine is discouraged.
- People with diabetes, high cholesterol, heart diseases and high BP should exercise precaution.
- In very high dose, it may cause diarrhoea and indigestion.
The above combination is heated till herbal ghee is prepared.