The main ingredient of Dadimashtaka Choornam is Pomegranate.
Churna refers to powder. It’s a herbal powder.
Dadimashtaka Choornam Uses:
- Used to correct indigestion and to treat malabsorption syndrome and diarrhea, IBS.
- It is also ideal for people who have to take the trouble of passing stools many times in a day.
- It is also useful in respiratory conditions like cough.
Dadimashtaka churna Ingredients:
- Vamsha (Bambusa bambos)– 10 grams
- Cinnamon – 20 grams
- Patra – Cinnamomum tamala leaves – 20 gram
- Cardamom – 20 grams
- Nagakesara – Mesua ferrea – 20 grams
- Yavani – Trachyspermum ammi – 40 grams
- Coriander – 40 grams
- White cumin seed – 40 grams
- Long pepper root – 40 grams
- Ginger, pepper and long pepper – 40 grams. (These three together called as Triaktu)
- Pomegranate (dadima)– 40 grams
- sugar – 80 grams
Reference: Bhaishajya Ratnavali
Dadimashtaka Choornam Dose:
5 grams to 10 grams.
Dadimashtaka Choornam Side effects
In higher doses, it may worsen gastritis in vulnerable people.
This product is not ideal for people with diabetes.