Dhatryadi Ghrita is an Ayurvedic medicine, in herbal ghee form. This medicine has ghee as its base. It is used for the preparatory procedures for Panchakarma and also as medicine. Dhatri refers to Amalaki (Indian gooseberry), which is the main ingredient of this herbal ghee. This medicine is based on the principle of Kerala practice.
Dhatradi Ghrita Benefits:
- It is widely used as medicine and also in a preparatory procedure called snehakarma for the treatment of leucorrhoea
- menorrhagia, metrorrhagia, anemia, female infertility, Pitta disorders, schizophrenia, and alcoholism.
- This is however equally effective for men women in pitta based vatasonita, swooning, drunken-ness, lunacy, and other ailments.
Dhatryadi Ghrita Dosage:
- As medicine – quarter to a half teaspoon with water, usually before food, once or twice a day, or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- For the Panchakarma preparation – Snehana procedure, the dose depends on the disease status and the judgment of the Ayurvedic doctor.
- It is usually administered with warm water and a little sugar.
Light pathya rules are to be followed. Great care is to be taken to avoid chilies, tamarind and hot things.
Dhatryadi Ghrita Side Effects:
- There are no known side effects with this medicine.
- However, it is best to use this product under medical supervision.
- Self-medication with this medicine is discouraged.
- People with diabetes, high cholesterol, heart diseases and high BP should exercise precaution.
- In a very high dose, it may cause diarrhoea and indigestion.
Dhatryadi Ghrita Ingredients:
- Dhatri – Emblica officinalis – juice – 768 ml
- Vidari rasa – Pueraria tuberosa – juice – 768 ml
- Ikshu rasa – Sugarcane juice – 768 ml
- Shatavari rasa – Asparagus racemosus – 768 ml
- Kushmanda rasa – Benincasa hispida – 768 ml
- Ghee – 768 ml
- Kshira – Milk – 768 ml
- 24 g of each of
- Mridvika – raisins
- Yasthyahva – Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Chandana – sandalwood – Santalum album
- Sita – sugar
The above combination is heated till herbal ghee is prepared.