Dhatryadi Ghrita is an Ayurvedic medicine, in herbal ghee form. This medicine has ghee as its base. It is used for the preparatory procedures for Panchakarma and also as medicine. Dhatri refers to Amalaki (Indian gooseberry), which is the main ingredient of this herbal ghee. This medicine is based on the principle of Kerala practice.
Dhatradi Ghrita Benefits:
- It is widely used as medicine and also in a preparatory procedure called snehakarma for the treatment of leucorrhoea
- menorrhagia, metrorrhagia, anemia, female infertility, Pitta disorders, schizophrenia, and alcoholism.
- This is however equally effective for men women in pitta based vatasonita, swooning, drunken-ness, lunacy, and other ailments.
Dhatryadi Ghrita Dosage:
- As medicine – quarter to a half teaspoon with water, usually before food, once or twice a day, or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- For the Panchakarma preparation – Snehana procedure, the dose depends on the disease status and the judgment of the Ayurvedic doctor.
- It is usually administered with warm water and a little sugar.
Light pathya rules are to be followed. Great care is to be taken to avoid chilies, tamarind and hot things.