Drakshadi Kashayam is a herbal decoction where the main ingredient is draksha or raisin.
Drakshadi Kashayam Indication:
- Helpful in case of alcoholism patients.
- Liver tonic.
- It relieves tiredness and dizziness, jaundice, burning sensation, nasal bleeding.
- Anemia, fever.
- Effect on tridoshas: balances vata and pitta.
Drakshadi Kashayam Dosage:
12-24ml with equal quantity of hot water twice or thrice daily or as directed by a physician.
Drakshadi Kashayam Ingredients:
- Draksha – dry grapes
- Madhuka – Madhuca longifolia
- Yashtimadhu – Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Lodhra – Symplocos racemosa
- Kashmari – Gmelina arborea
- Sariva – Hemidesmus indicus
- Musta – Cyperus rotundus
- Amla – Emblica officinalis
- Hribera – Coleus zeylanicus
Padmakesara – Nelumbium speciosum
Padmaka – Prunus cerasoides
Mrinala – Nelumbium speciosum
Usheera – Vetiveria zizanioides
Parushaka – Phoenix famifera
Chandana – Santalum album
Jatipushpa – Jasminum sambac
It is added with 8 parts of water, boiled and reduced to quarter part, filtered.