AVP Ayurveda Elaneer Kuzhambu is an Ayurvedic eye care formula used in treatment of corneal ulcer, Pterygium, early stage of cataract etc. This medicine should be used strictly under medical supervision. This medicine is formulated based on Kerala Ayurveda tradition.
AVP Ayurveda Elaneer Kuzhambu Uses:
- It is used in Ayurvedic treatment of eye diseases of Pitta origin such as Corneal ulcer, pterygium and early stage of cataract.
- It is also useful in relieving eye infection.
- This gives great comfort to the eyes. Very good in poor vision due to exposure to heat, sun and smoke.
- It can be used for a period of 1 – 2 months, based on doctor’s advice.
This medicine is also called as Narikela Anjana.
AVP Ayurveda Elaneer Kulambu Dosage:
It is applied as a paste or eye drops to the inner side of eyelids. The patient is asked to keep the eyes for a few minutes.
It is used as collyrium.
AVP Ayurveda Elanir Kuzhampu Side Effects:
- Its usage in higher dose, or without medical superivsion may cause eye irritation.
- In such case, wash your eyes thoroughly with sufficient quantity of water and call your doctor.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children. Store in cool dry place.
Elanir Kuzhambu Ingredients:
- Darvi – Tree Turmeric (stem) – Berberis aristata – 96 g
- Haritaki – Chebulic Myrobalan fruit rind – Terminalia chebula – 96 g
- Vibhitaki – Belliric Myrobalan fruit rind – Terminalia bellirica – 96 g
- Amalaki – Indian gooseberry fruit – Emblica officinalis Gaertn. – 96 g
- Madhuka – Licorice – Glycyrrhiza glabra – 144 g
- Narikela Jala – Coconut water – 8.172 liters
- The above combination is boiled and reduced to 1.022 liters, filtered.
- It is further heated to obtain a semisolid consistency.
- It is taken out of fire, added with fine powders of
- Karpoora – Camphor – Cinnamomum camphora – 12 g
- Pitakarohini – Gambhari – Coomb Teak (root) – Gmelina arborea – 12 g
- Saindhava Lavana – Rock salt – 6 g
After cooling down, 170 g of honey is added and mixed well.
Expiry date: Three years from the date of manufacture. Once after opening the container, it is better to empty it within a month.