Guggulutiktakam Ghritam is an Ayurvedic medicine, in herbal ghee form. This is also known as Guggulutiktaka ghrita. It is used for the preparatory procedures for Panchakarma and also as medicine, mainly for skin diseases. Panchatikta refers to five bitter herbs, which are the main ingredients in this herbal ghee.
Ingredients of AVP Gulguluthikthaka Gritham:
- Nimba – neem – 480 g
- Patola – Trichosanthes dioica – 480 g
- Vyaghri – Solanum xanthocarpum – 480 g
- Guduchi – Tinospora cordifolia – 480 g
- Vasa – Adhatoda vasica – 480 g
- water for decoction – 12.288 liters boiled and reduced to 3.072 liters
- Ghrita – ghee – 768 ml
- 12 grams of each of
- Patha – Cyclea peltata / Cissampelos pariera
- Vidanga – Embelia ribes
- Suradaru – Cedrus deodara
- Gajopakulya – Piper chaba
- Yavakshara – Hordeum vulgare
- Nagara – Zingiber officinalis
- Nisha – Turmeric
- Mishreya – Anethum sowa
- Chavya – Piper chaba
- Kushta – Saussurea lappa
- Tejovati – Zanthoxylum alatum
- Maricha – Black pepper
- Vatsaka – Holarrhena antidysenterica
- Deepyaka – Trachyspermum ammi
- Agni – Plumbago zeylanica
- Rohini – Picrorrhiza kurroa
- Arushkara – Purified Semecarpus anacardium
- Vacha – Acorus calamus
- Kanamoola – Piper longum – root
- Yukta – Pluchea lanceolata
- Manjishta – Rubia cordifolia
- Ativisha – Aconitum heterophyllum
- Vishani – Aconitum species
- Yavani – Trachyspermum ammi
- Shuddha Guggulu – Purified Commiphora mukul – 240 g
The above combination is heated till herbal ghee is prepared.
Dosage of AVP Gulguluthikthaka Gritham:
As medicine – quarter to a half teaspoon with water, usually before food, once or twice a day, or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
For the Panchakarma preparation – Snehana procedure, the dose depends on the disease status and the judgment of the Ayurvedic doctor.
It is usually administered with warm water.
Usually prescribed combinations:
It is usually administered with Nimbadi kashayam, Kaishora Guggulu, Gandhaka Rasayana, Nimbamritadi panchatikta, Manjishtadi kashayam, Khadirarishta, etc.