Indukantham Ghritam is an Ayurvedic medicine, in herbal ghee form. This medicine has ghee as its base. It is used for the preparatory procedures for Panchakarma and also as medicine, used mainly of abdominal diseases. This medicine is formulated based on the principles of Kerala Ayurveda. This product is also known as Indukantham ghee.
Indukantham Ghrita benefits:
- It is used as medicine and also in a preparatory procedure called snehakarma for the treatment of abdominal pain, chronic fever, bloating, weakness, and tiredness.
- It also gives strength. For cough in the aged, this works better than the decoction of the same name.
- To eradicate malaria from the system, a daily dose is useful.
Doctors prescribe this medicine also for
- Dry skin, allergic skin conditions
- Dry cough, allergic cough, allergic rhinitis due to ingredients such as ginger and long pepper.
- Ulcerative colitis, Irritable bowel syndrome associated with constipation
Indukantham Ghritham dosage:
As medicine – quarter to a half teaspoon with water, usually before food, once or twice a day, or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
For the Panchakarma preparation – Snehana procedure, the dose depends on the disease status and the judgment of the Ayurvedic doctor.
Indukanta Ghrita Side Effects:
- There are no known side effects with this medicine.
- However, it is best to use this product under medical supervision.
- Self-medication with this medicine is discouraged.
- People with diabetes, high cholesterol, heart diseases, and high BP should exercise precaution.
- In a very high dose, it may cause diarrhoea.
Indukanta Ghrita Ingredients:
- Putika – Holoptelea integrifolia – ChiraBilva– 256 g – Indian Elm – Holoptelea integrifolia is a herb mentioned in Ayurveda for the treatment of localized swelling, skin diseases, nausea, diabetes, indigestion, piles and acts as blood purifier
- Daru – Cedrus deodara – 256 g
- Dashamoola – group of ten herbs – Bilva – Aegle marmelos
- Agnimantha – Premna mucronata
- Shyonaka – Oroxylum indicum
- Gambhari – Gmelina arborea
- Patala – Stereospermum suaveolens
- Shalaparni – Desmodium gangeticum
- Prishnaparni – Uraria picta
- Brihati – Solanum indicum
- Kantakari – Solanum xanthocarpum
- Gokshura – Tribulus terrestris (25.6 g each)
- water – 12.288 liters, boiled and reduced to 3.072 liters
- Milk – 768 ml
- Ghrita – ghee – 768 g
- Pippali – Long pepper – 48 g
- Pippalimoola – Long pepper root – 48 g – It is hot, useful in asthma, indigestion, bloating, anorexia etc.
- Chavya – Piper cubeba – 48 g
- Chitraka – Plumbago zeylanica – 48 g
- Shunti – ginger – 48 g
- Yavakshara – Hordeum vulgare – barley – 48 g
The above combination is heated until herbal ghee is prepared.