AVP Ayurveda Lakshadi oil (Big) is an Ayurvedic herbal oil, used in the treatment of fever and related body ache. It is used for external applications. This oil is prepared in a sesame oil base.
Lakshadi Oil (B) Oil Uses:
Fever and headache.
Use Lakshadi Thailam:
- It is used for external application only.
- It is used in Ayurvedic therapies such as Abhyanga (massage).
- Externally, it can be used for a very long period of time.
Side Effects of Lakshadi Thailam:
- There are no apparent side effects with this medicine, on external application.
- Keep out of sight and reach of children. store in cool dry place, away from direct sunlight.
AVP Ayurveda Lakshadi Oil Ingredients:
- Taila – Sesame oil – Sesamum indicum – 768 ml
- Aranala – Fermented gruel – 4.608 liters
- Laksha – Laccifer lacca – 32 g
- Haridra – Turmeric rhizome – Curcuma longa – 32 g
- Manjishta – Indian Madder (root) – Rubia cordifolia – 32 g
In kerala, it is made with coconut oil base, in place of sesame oil. This oil is called Lakshadi kera thailam.
Shelf life / expiry date – Three years from the date of manufacture. Once opened, it is best to empty the oil within 1 year.