Madhusnuhi Rasayanam is a highly effective Ayurvedic medicine. Its formulation is based on Kerala Ayurveda practice. It is used for a wide range of disease conditions. It is also known as Madhusnuhi Rasayana.
Madhusnuhi Rasayanam Uses:
It is used in Ayurvedic treatment of skin diseases like eczema, millia, psoriasis, diabetic carbuncles, fistula, piles, tumors, goiter, itching, rheumatoid arthritis and non healing wounds.
Madhusnuhi Rasayanam Dose:
- 6 – 12 grams once or twice a day, after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- Dosage for children below 5 years of age – 1 – 2 grams, once or twice a day, along with a teaspoon of honey or warm water / milk.
- Dosage for children between 5 – 12 years of age – 5 grams once or twice a day along with a teaspoon of honey or warm water / milk.
Madhusnuhi Rasayanam Side Effects:
- There are no known side effects of this medicine.
- However, in higher doses, it might cause stomach irritation.
- It should be taken strictly under medical supervision.
- Extra precaution is required while administering this to pregnant and lactating mothers and children.
- Precaution is required, if this medicine is administered to diabetic patients.
Madhusnuhi Rasayanam Ingredients:
- A water sugar syrup base is prepared with 576 g of sugar. It is added with 6 grams of each of Pepper, long pepper, ginger, Triphala (Haritaki, Vibhitaki and Amla), Cinnamon, cardamom, Patra (Cinnamomum tamala), nutmeg, Chitraka (Plumbago zeylanica), clove, Coriander, caraway, cumin, Vanya jeeraka (cumin variety), Vidanga (Embelia ribes), Chavya (Piper cubeba), Trivrit (Operculina turpethum), Kushta (Saussurea lappa), Long pepper root, Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Bharngi (Clerodendron serratum), Tejovati (Zanthoxylum alatum), Nagakeshar (Mesua ferrea), ghee (576 g),
- Heating is continued till semisolid consistency
- Purified Gandhaka (special processed sulphur) – 192 g
- Madhusnuhi (Smilax china) – 192 g and honey (576 g) are added.
Shelf life: 3 years from the date of manufacturing. Once the bottle is opened, it is best to finish it within 4 – 5 months of time.