Mandooravatakam Gulika is a powerful Ayurvedic medicine used in treating anemia, liver and skin conditions. It is in tablet form. This medicine is best avoided during pregnancy.
Mandoora Vatakam Gulika Benefits:
- It is used in Ayurvedic treatment of anemia, jaundice, hepatitis.
- It is useful to relieve thigh cramps, anorexia, skin diseases and inflammatory conditions.
- It is also used in treating Hemorrhoids.
Mandooravatakam Gulika Dosage:
- 1 – 2 tablets 1 -2 times a day, after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- It is advised for the patient to take buttermilk during treatment with this medicine.
- All other dairy products, non veg and oily food ingredients are best avoided.
Butter milk boiled with the roots of Punarnava (Boerhaavia diffusa) or the bark of Jambu (Syzygium cumini) or Honey.
Mandooravatakam Gulika side effects:
- This medicine should be strictly taken under medical supervision.
- High dose may cause stomach upset, gastric irritation or worsen gastritis.
- Special care should be taken while giving this medicine to children.
- Pregnant ladies should avoid this medicine.
Mandooravatakam Gulika Ingredients:
- Tapya – Swarnamakshika Bhasma – Purified and incinerated copper pyrite
- Darvi Twacha – Bark of Berberis aristata
- Chavya – Piper chaba
- Granthika – Root of long pepper – Piper longum
- Devadaru – Cedrus deodara
- Vyoshadi Navaka – Pepper, Long pepper, Ginger,
- Amla (Emblica officinalis),
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula),
- Vibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica),
- Musta – Cyperus rotundus
- Vidanga – Embelia ribes
- Chitraka – Plumbago zeylanica
- Mandoora – Purified Ferric oxide.
The powders of above is made into paste with cow urine and tablets are made.