AVP Ayurveda Nalpamaradi Oil is a herbal medicated oil formulation. 'Nalpa''mara' refers to four trees.
AVP Ayurveda Nalpamaradi Oil Usage:
Nalpamaradi Oil / Nalpamaradi Tailam is used in the treatment of skin diseases, Herpes, Eczema, Dermatitis, allergic skin diseases such as ring worm infestation. This oil is also used as baby massage oil, to relieve any minor skin conditions and to improve fairness and skin complexion, since it contains Turmeric and sandalwood.
- external usage only.
Nalpamaradi Tailam Ingredients:
- Nalpamara – 15 grams of each of group of four types of tree barks – viz
- Vata – Ficus benghalensis
- Ashwattha – Ficus religiosa
- Plaksha – Ficus lacor
- Udumbara – Ficus glomerata
- Triphala – Haritaki – Terminalia chebula, Vibhitaki – Terminalia bellirica, Amla – Emblica officinalis
- Chandana – Sandalwood – Santalum album
- Sevya – Vetiveria zizanioides
- Kushta – Saussurea lappa
- Manjishta – Rubia cordifolia
- Chora – Angelica glauca
- Tila taila – Oil of Sesamum indicum – 768 ml
- 3.072 liters of Water decoction prepared from
- Paimanjal – wet turmeric – Curcuma longa
- Parpata – Fumaria indica
The above combination of herbs, oil and liquid is heated till the oil is prepared, filtered. Nalpamaradi coconut oil is prepared with the same combination, with coconut oil base, in place of sesame oil.