Pachanamrita Kashayam is a very famous Ayurvedic medicine in liquid form. It is also known as Pachanamruta kashaya. In sanskrit, the word pachana refers to the process of digestion. Hence, this medicine is used in the treatment of digestion related diseases. This medicine is formulated based on Kerala Ayurveda practice.
Pachanamrita Kashayam Benefits:
- It is used in the treatment of indigestion.
- It is used in early stages of fever, where digestion is severely impaired.
- It is potent antimicrobial medicine.
Pachanamrita Kashayam Dose:
- The dose is 12 – 24 ml, before food, at about 6 – 7 am and 6 – 7 pm or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- It is usually advised to add an equal amount of water to the kashayam.
Pathya: Light food is to be taken.
Adjuvant: Pippali choorna.
Pachanamrita Kashaya Side Effects:
- There are no known side effects with this medicine.
- However, it is best to use this product under medical supervision.
- Self-medication with this medicine is discouraged.
- Special care and precaution are required while administering this medicine to people with diabetes, because this medicine may lower the blood sugar levels.
Pachanamrita Kashayam Ingredients:
- Amrita – Tinospora cordifolia
- Ushira – Vetiveria zizanioides
- Patha – Cyclea peltata / Cissampelos pariera
- Abda – Cyperus rotundus
- Vishwa – Ginger
- Bhunimba – Andrographis paniculata
- Balaka – pavonia odorata
- Parpata – Fumaria indica
- Dhanyaka – Coirander
- Dhanvayasa – Fagonia cretica
It is added with 8 parts of water, boiled and reduced to quarter part, filtered.