Patoladi Ghrita is an Ayurvedic medicine, in herbal ghee form. This medicine has ghee as its base. It is used for the preparatory procedures for Panchakarma and also as medicine, mainly for skin diseases such as an abscess. Panchatikta refers to five bitter herbs, which are the main ingredients in this herbal ghee.
Patoladi Ghrita benefits:
- It is widely used as medicine and also in a preparatory procedure called snehakarma for the treatment of abscess, fever, infections, skin diseases, diseases of ear, nose, and throat, and eye diseases
- It is useful in psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis, allergic hives, tinea infection.
Patoladi Ghrita dosage:
- As medicine – quarter to half teaspoon with water, usually before food, once or twice a day, or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- For Panchakarma preparation – Snehana procedure, the dose depends on the disease status and the judgment of Ayurvedic doctor.
- It is usually administered with warm water.
- For eye ailments- this is taken with Triphaladi choornam after dinner. In other ailments and even in cataracts, this can be taken according to the normal ghritapana procedure.
Pathya: Light pathya rules are to be followed.
Patoladi Guggulu Ghrita Side Effects:
- There are no known side effects with this medicine.
- However it is best to use this product under medical supervision.
- Self-medication with this medicine is discouraged.
- People with diabetes, high cholesterol, heart diseases and high BP should exercise precaution.
- In very high dose, it may cause diarrhoea and indigestion.
Patoladi Guggulu Ghrita Ingredients:
48 g of each of
- Nimba – neem
- Patola – Trichosanthes dioica
- Katuka – Picrorhiza kurroa
- Darvi – Berberis aristata
- Sevya – Vetiveria zizanioides
- Triphala – Haritaki, Vibhitaki and Amla
- Vrisha – Adhatoda vasica
- Dhanvayasa – Alhagi pseudalhagi
- Trayanti – Gentiana kurroa
- Parpata – Fumaria indica
- Amla – Emblica officinalis – 768 g
- water for decoction – 12.288 liters, boiled and reduced to 3.072 liters
- Ghrita – ghee – 768 g
24 g of each of
- Musta – Cyperus rotundus
- Bhunimba – Andrographis paniculata
- yashtimadhu – Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Kutaja – Holarrhena antidysenterica
- Udichya – pavonia indica
- Chandana – Santalum album
- Pippali – Long pepper