PatolaKaturohinyadi Kashayam is a very famous Ayurvedic medicine in liquid form. It is used in the treatment of anorexia, vomoting, skin diseases etc. It is more commonly used in the treatment of south Indian Ayurvedic practice.
AVN Arogya PatolaKaturohinyadi Kashayam Benefits:
- It is one of the very potent Ayurvedic medicine for jaundice, psoriasis, allergic dermatitis, tinea infection, viral infections and liver diseases.
- It is widely used in the treatment of skin diseases involving itching, pigmentation and burning sensation.
- It is used in the treatment of fever of Kapha and Pitta origin.
- It is very useful in decreasing bad cholesterol.
- It is a potent antitoxic medicine. Used for liver detox.
- It improves digestion power and relieves anorexia.
- It is a potent antimicrobial medicine.
- Effective in the after effects of snake poisons.
Ayurveda practitioners prescribe this product also for:
- Hyperacidity, gastritis, acid peptic disorder
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Pemphigus vulgaris, scalp psoriasis
- Weak digestion strength
- Obesity, fatty liver disorder, gall stone
- Acute eczema, Chronic urticaria
Patola Katurohinyadi Kashay dose:
- The dose is 12 – 24 ml, before food, at about 6 – 7 am and 6 – 7 pm or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- It is usually advised to add equal amount of water to the kashayam.
- It is advised to take a little pepper powder and honey after taking this kashayam.
- Also available in tablet form, called Patola Katurohinyadi Kashayam tablet or kwatham tablet.
- Dose of the tablet is 2 tablets 2 times a day before food.
Patola Katurohinyadi Kashaya Side Effects:
- There are no known side effects with this medicine.
- However it is best to use this product under medical supervision.
- Self medication with this medicine is discouraged.
- Special care and precaution is required while administering this medicine to people with diabetes.
Patola Katurohinyadi Kashayam Ingredients:
This medicine is prepared from the herbs in Patoladi Gana of Ashtanga Hrudayam.
- Patola – Pointed gourd – Trichosanthes dioica
- Katurohini – Picrorhiza kurroa
- Chandana – Sandal wood – Santalum album
- Madhusrava – Marsdenia tenacissima
- Guduchi – Tinospora cordifolia
- Patha – Cissampelos pariera
- It is added with 8 parts of water, boiled and reduced to quarter part, filtered.
Its expiry date is – 3 years from the date of manufacture. But once you open it, it should be emptied or thrown out, within 4 – 5 months.