Punarnavadi Kashayam 200ML - AVP Ayurveda
Punarnavadi Kashayam is a very famous Ayurvedic medicine in liquid form. It is also known as Punarnavashtaka kashaya, Punarnavashtak kwath. But there is slight difference. Punarnavadi kashayam contains turmeric as an extra ingredient. But both have quite similar properties and therapeutic action.
Punarnavadi Kashayam Benefits:
- It is used in the treatment of inflammatory conditions like myxedema, ascites, anasarca.
- Some doctors use this medicine as natural diuretic.
- It is also used in the treatment of respiratory conditions, cold, cough, dyspnoea, anemia and abdominal pain.
Doctors also use this medicine for the treatment of
- Hypothyroidism, obesity
- Water retention in the body as in case of prolonged steroid therapy.
Punarnavadi Kashayam Dose:
- The dose is 12 – 24 ml, before food, at about 6 – 7am and 6 – 7 pm or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- It is usually advised to add equal amount of water to the kashayam.
- Cow urine is usually prescribed as a co-prescription along with this medicine.
- It is also available in tablet form.
Generally non-vegetarian, leafy preparations, snacks made of gingelly, curd, alcohol, too much of salt, tamarind and food items not usually taken and difficult to digest, day time sleep, sex and cold water must be totally avoided. Bathe in water boiled with Kokilaksha (Hygrophila auriculata) cooled for the head and warm for the body, using Panchamla tailam or Punarnavadi tailam. Don’t bathe daily. Butter milk boiled with Punarnava (Boerhaavia diffusa) is good for drinking and is to be taken with rice.
Virechana gritham, Loha bhasma or powdered Katukarohini (Picrorrhiza kurroa).
Punarnavadi Kashaya Side Effects:
- There are no known side effects with this medicine.
- However it is best to use this product under medical supervision.
- Self medication with this medicine is discouraged.
- Special care and precaution is required while administering this medicine to people with diabetes, because this medicine may lower the blood sugar levels.