Rasnadi Choornam is an Ayurvedic medicine, used to apply over scalp, to relieve headache and sinusitis. This herbal powder is formulated based on Kerala Ayurveda tradition.
Rasnadi Choornam Benefits:
- It helps to relieve headache, dizziness, cough with sputum and sinusitis and heaviness of the head.
- This is essential in rheumatism.
- Muscle pain, tennis elbow etc.
Rasnadi Choornam dosage:
- For external application only.
- Traditionally it is made a paste with castor oil and applied over forehead.
- It is to be rubbed over the scalp over bregma in catarrh, cold, etc as a preventive as well as a curative. It is extremely useful in headache associated with sinusitis. It is to be mixed with boiled water or milk, made into a paste and applied on the forehead for immediate relief in headache.
- This may also be cooked in equal quantities of Vasa (Adathoda vasica) juice and breast milk with castor or other oils and applied over the crown.
Rasnadi Choornam side effects:
There are no known side effects with this product.
Rasnadi Choornam ingredients:
Equal quantities of herbal powders of
- Rasna – Pluchea lanceolata
- Amukkura – Withania somnifera
- Devadaru – Cedrus deodara
- Katuka – Picrorhiza kurroa
- Sarjarasa – Vateria indica
- Kottam – Saussurea lappa
- Vayampu – Acorus calamus
- Gairika – Red ochre
- Nisha – Turmeric – Curcuma longa
- Yashti – Licorice – Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Bala – Sida cordifolia
- Mustha – Cyperus rotundus
- Vyosha – Pepper, long pepper and ginger
- Puti – Holoptelea integrifolia
- Sahasravedhi – Ferula asa foetida
- Jala – Coleus vettiveroides
- Ushira – Vetiveria zizanioiders
- Phenaka – Samudraphena
- Srikantha – Sandalwood – Santalum album
- Aguru – Aquilaria agallocha
- Tintrini dalasira – veins of tamarind leaves – Tamarindus indicus