Rasnadi Kashayam is a very famous Ayurvedic medicine in liquid form. It is also known as Rasnadi Kwath kashaya, kwatha etc. This medicine is formulated based on Kerala Ayurvedic practice.
Rasnadi Kashayam Benefits:
- It is widely in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and osteo arthritis.
- It has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.
Rasnadi Kashayam Dose:
- The dose is 12 – 24 ml, before food, at about 6 – 7am and 6 – 7 pm or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- It is usually advised to add equal amount of water to the kashayam.
- While administering, Saindhava Lavana (Rock salt), Long pepper or sugar is usually added to the kashayam in a quantity of 1 – 3 grams per dose.
Ksheerabala or Dhanwantaram tailas [avratti] or ghee.
Rasnadi Kashaya Side Effects:
There are no known side effects with this medicine. However it is best to use this product under medical supervision. Self medication with this medicine is discouraged.
Rasnadi Kashayam Ingredients:
- Rasna – Pluchea lanceolata
- Tamalaki – Phyllanthus niruri
- Vrisha – Adhatoda vasica
- Agaru – Aquilaria agallocha
- Shati – Hedychium spicatum
- Chitra – Plumbago zeylanica
- Abda – Cyperus rotundus
- Chavya – Piper cubeba
- Ashmabhit – Aerva lanata
- Darvi – Berberis aristata
- Bharngi – Clerodendron serratum
- Patola – Trichosanthes dioica
- Pushkara – Inula racemosa
- Nisha – Turmeric
- Saireya – Barleria Prionitis Linn.
- Vishwa – Ginger
- Agni – Plumbago zeylanoca
- Bilwa – Aegle marmelos
- Shyonaka – Oroxylum indicum
- Gambhari – Gmelina arborea
- Patala – Stereospermum suaveolens
- Agnimantha – Premna mucronata
- Shalaparni – Desmodium gangeticum
- Prishnaparni – Uraria picta
- Brihati – Solanum indicum
- Kantakari – Solanum xanthocarpum
- Gokshura – Tribulus terrestris
- Daru – Cedrus deodara
It is added with 8 parts of water, boiled and reduced to quarter part, filtered.