Vidaryadi Kashayam is a herbal decoction formulation. Also available in tablet form.
Vidaryadi Kashayam Usage:
It is widely used in the Ayurvedic treatment for myalgia, inflammatory conditions, bronchitis, asthma, cold and cough. It is a good cardiac tonic, and is nourishing.
Effect on Tridosha – Calms Vata and Pitta
Vidaryadi Kashayam Dosage:
15-20ml with equal quantity of warm water once or twice or as directed by the doctor.
If tablet form dosage is 2-3 tab once or twice.
Vidaryadi Kashayam Ingredients:
This kashayam is prepared from the Vidaryadi Gana explained in Ashtanga Hrudayam
- Vidari – Pueraria tuberosa
- Panchangula – Ricinus communis
- Vrishchikali – Gymnema sylvestre
- Vrischiva – Boerhaavia diffusa
- Devahva – Cedrus deodara
- Mashaparni – Teramnus labialis Spreng
- Mudgaparni – Phaseolus trilobus
- Kandukari – Mucuna pruriens
- Abheeru – Crotalaria verrucosa / Asparagus racemosus
- Veera – Roscoea purpurea Royle / Ipomoea mauritiana Jacq./ paniculata R. Br
- Jeevanti – Holostemma ada-kodien Schultes
- Jeevaka – Malaxis acuminata D.Don / Microstylis wallichii Lindl. (Reference)
- Rishabhaka – Manilkara hexandra (Roxb.) Dubard / Mimusoops hexandra Roxb.
- Brihati – Solanum indicum Linn.
- Prishnaparni – Uraria picta
- Shalaparni – Desmodium gangeticum
- Gokshura – Tribulus terrestris
- kantakari – Solanum xanthocarpum
- Shweta Sariva – Cordia wallichii / dichotoma / myxa Linn./ latifolia Roxb.
- Tripadi – Hamsaraja – Adiantum philippense Linn. / lunulatum
It is added with 8 parts of water, boiled and reduced to quarter part, filtered.