Kerala Ayurveda Prostact Tablet
Prostate Health, Naturally
The prostate is a key organ that is part of the male reproductive system. It helps produce seminal fluid that enables the sperm to travel. The prostate is prone to several problems like prostatitis that can occur due to an infection. Prostate problems can be frustrating as it usually affects bladder control. This leads to frequent urges to urinate and dribbling. Ayurveda natural ways to experience relief for prostate problems through herbal medicines. Prostact Tablet is an Ayurvedic medicine for prostate problem treatment. It is specifically used for the treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia.
Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) is a condition of enlargement of prostate which leads to blockage at urethral opening, causing pain and discomfort in men.
Prostact Tablet acts on BPH by reducing inflammation, arresting cell proliferation and correcting Zinc deficiency. The anti-inflammatory, diuretic and anti-bacterial effects of the blend of herbs viz., Varuna (Crataeva nurvala), Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris), Khadira (Acacia catechu), Ulsi (Linum usitatissimum), Pitakushmanda (Cucurbita maxima), Yashad bhasma (Source of Zinc), along with Ayurvedic classical formulation Varunadi kwath, makes Prostact effective in treating associated symptoms of BPH including frequent urination, inability to empty bladder, urgency and in extreme cases involuntary urination like dribbling and urination in the middle of the night.
Kerala Ayurveda Prostact Tablet Composition:
Each PROSTACT TABLET prepared out of:
- Varuna (Crataeva nurvala) ………………………………..55 mg
- Goshkra (Tribulus terrestris) …………………………….55 mg
- Khadira (Acacia catechu) …………………………………55 mg
- Pitakushmanda (Cucurbita maxima) ………………….55 mg
- Ulsi (Linum usitatissimum) …………………………….27.5 mg
- Yashada Bhasma (Zinc) …………………………………..27.5 mg
About Prostact Tablet
BPH is one of the biggest health concerns of older men. Ayurvedic medicine for prostate enlargement is a herbal remedy that can help treat the problem. The Prostact Tablet from Kerala Ayurveda is formulated with potent ingredients that work together to give relief from prostate gland enlargement symptoms and help those experiencing frequent urination.
Ingredients in Prostact Tablet
Prostact Tablet is an ayurvedic treatment for BPH as it comprises of natural ingredients to provide relief from symptoms of BPH. It is made from a combination of the following ingredients which have unique capabilities of helping treat various prostate-related disorders.
- Has anti-microbial property
- Helps heal prostate enlargement
- Is a diuretic
- Inhibits production of uric acid
- Has anti-obesity property
- Is anti-bacterial
- Prevents kidney stone formation
- Helps correct cell activities in the body
- Has anti-inflammatory property
- Strengthens bladder muscles
- Is a litholytic herb
- Is a detoxifier
- Purifies blood
- Helps boost metabolism
- Balances excess vata and kapha doshas
- Has diuretic property
- Improves the function of the brain
- Cures urinary infections
- Cleanses organs in the lower abdomen
- Helps heal prostate disorders
- Has anti-aging property
- Helps cure heart ailments
- Is a natural detoxifier
- Helps to balance kapha and pitta dosha
- Has anti-inflammatory property
- Has astringent property
- Is helpful in various skin disorders
- Has impressive anti-oxidants
- Is an antibacterial ingredient
- Helps heal prostate problems
- Is haemostatic
- Is anti-inflammatory
- Has antifungal property
- Prevents atherosclerosis
- Helps cure respiratory problems
- Protects the liver
- Has anti-viral property
- Is a herbal detoxifier
- Gives relief from an enlarged prostate
- Has anti-inflammatory property
- Beneficial for people with diabetes
- Lowers risk of heart problems
- Helpful in treating skin disorders
- Promotes healthy bowel movements
- Reduces the risk of cancer
- Has immune-modulatory property
- Prevents respiratory problems
- Helps heal BPH symptoms
- Is anti-inflammatory
- Helps heal urinary disorders
- Stimulates proper digestion
- Helps form red blood cells
- Helps cure erectile dysfunction
Prostact tablet is an Ayurvedic medicine for prostate health prepared using several ingredients that help in treating prostate problems. One of the key ingredients is Varanadi Kwath. This is an Ayurvedic formulation that is used to prepare medicines for use in the Ayurvedic treatment for prostate enlargement. Varanadi Kwath is also known by the names of Varunadi Kwath and Varanadi Kashwayam. It is prepared as per the guidelines given in the classical Ayurvedic text Ashtangahyrudayam.
Varanadi Kwath is used for prostate treatment in Ayurveda since it is made using a host of ingredients that are beneficial for prostate health. Some of the key ingredients used to prepare this Kwath are:
Varana (Crataeva religiosa)
Sairyaka (Strobilanthes ciliatus)
Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus)
Bilwa (Aegle marmelos)
Brihati (Solanum melongena)
Karanja (Pongamia glabra)
Bahala Pallava (Moringa oleifera)
Rujakara (Semecarpus anacardium)
Prostact is used in Ayurvedic treatment for prostate problems. It is available in the form of tablets. One or two tablets are to be taken twice every day or as per the instructions of an ayurvedic expert. It is meant for use by adult men who suffer from Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. The medicine works by reducing inflammation in the cells that causes problems. It also helps in treating zinc deficiency that contributes to the problems. It also arrests the proliferation of cells.
Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, or BPH, affects men all over the world. It has varying symptoms including an urgent need to urinate, inability to urinate fully, and a weak stream of urine. Men with BPH are more prone to wake up in the middle of the night to urinate and there might be blood in their urine as well. Urinary incontinence is often experienced alongside BPH and this condition is characterized by losing control of the bladder.
Causes of BPH and Urinary Incontinence
The causes of BPH are as follows.
- The change in sex hormones is believed to be one of the major causes of BPH. As men grow older, they are at a higher risk of developing BPH. Men under the age of 40 are at a lower risk of developing BPH but some men can still develop the problem
- Some men use beta-blockers for a condition that they are suffering from. Beta-blockers can cause an increase in the risk of prostate gland enlargement in men
- Family history can contribute to enlargement of the prostate gland in men. You are more prone to prostate gland enlargement if any man in your immediate family has had the problem. A blood relative is more likely to increase your likelihood of having the problem
- Men who are diabetic or suffer from any type of heart disease are at a higher risk of developing BPH symptoms and getting the disease
- BPH can be caused as a result of lifestyle. Men who do not exercise sufficiently or lead a sedentary lifestyle are more likely to get BPH. Men who are overweight or obese are more likely to develop symptoms of BPH too
Urinary incontinence causes are as follows:
- Age is a major factor that can cause urinary incontinence. It causes the bladder muscles to weaken which increases the risk
- An enlarged prostate can cause urinary incontinence
- If your pelvic floor muscles have been damaged, then you are at a higher risk of developing urinary incontinence
- Bladder cancer is one of the causes of urinary incontinence
- Medicines such as those used to control blood pressure can cause urinary incontinence. Certain sedatives can increase the risk of urinary incontinence
- If you suffer from urinary tract infections then you are more likely to develop urinary incontinence
- Urinary incontinence can be caused if you drink too much alcohol or other fluids such as water and coffee
- Kidney stones can lead to urinary incontinence
Ayurveda On Prostate Health
Prostate health is of importance to men according to Ayurveda and any imbalance should be rectified at the start of the first symptom. Many men think that prostate problems only occur after a certain age but this does not hold true. Prostate enlargement can occur early when the imbalances in the doshas are excessive. There are many reasons why prostate problems develop in men and one of the reasons is lack of exercise. Men who have an over-active sex life can develop prostate problems as well. Men who drink alcohol daily can develop prostate-related problems.
Men who have a high toxin buildup in their bodies are more likely to experience problems related to the prostate gland. Men who don’t drink enough water can get prostate disorders. Men who do not urinate when they have an urge to do so can essentially increase the risk of prostate-related issues. Those men who don’t follow a proper routine, whether it is for eating or sleeping or other activities, are more likely to suffer from prostate gland related problems and issues. The men who sit all day without moving much are prone to prostate problems.
Ayurveda links prostate problems with ama. Ama is defined as the buildup of impurities in the body that occur due to weak digestion. An enlarged prostate can be caused when the ama combines with rakhta dhatu and rasa dhatu. The reason is that this combination affects the mootra vaha srotas which in turn causes the prostate gland to enlarge and this can lead to BPH among other problems. Aging is seen as one of the causes of this taking place but an increase in ama can occur due to imbalance early in the life of men as well.
As per Ayurveda, when the prostate is affected by Vata imbalance, it leads to a condition known as Vatashteela. (Here, the reference to astheela is made to compare the prostate to astheela, a small stone used to sharpen iron weapons). Apana Vata is a type of Vata, which is vitiated leading to this condition. Ayurveda states that holding back urination or controlling defecation is one of the causes of this condition. Old age, general debility, improper digestion, and consuming more of dry food can cause this vitiation. BPH due to Vata vitiation results in symptoms like intermittent urination, froth in the urine, foul-smelling urine, and pain while urinating.
When the Kapha Dosha is prominent, the symptoms that can be observed are excess urination at night, feeling of incompleteness even after voiding, slow stream of urine, and straining to pass urine. In case Pitta is affected, then there is likely to be irritating of the urinary bladder accompanied by inflammation.
There are various ayurvedic solutions available that are linked to improving diet and lifestyle. Men should eat warm food as this can help alleviate ama and increase digestion power. Adding turmeric to food is an effective way of preventing prostate problems from occurring. Men should eat asparagus, broccoli, cabbage, and cauliflower when they are in season. These are effective in treating prostate problems. Mild spices should be used when cooking food. Adding fibrous food to the diet is highly beneficial for men. Spices such as black pepper are effective too.
Avoiding certain foods that are detrimental to effective prostate function is a good idea. Men should not eat extreme tasting foods. That is, avoiding food that is too salty, oily, spicy, or sweet is recommended in Ayurveda to ensure a balance of doshas. Water is one of the easiest ways to balance doshas. Men should drink water throughout the day. However, drinking before going to bed is not recommended as it can cause men to wake up at night to urinate. Drinking milk or lassi is recommended for ensuring healthy prostate. Grains such as quinoa are recommended for a healthy prostate.
Men can eat soaked almonds or walnuts as these can help balance the three doshas. Men should ensure they do something about regular bowel movements as this can help ease prostate gland-related problems. Men can take herbal zinc supplements for treating prostate related problems as well according to Ayurveda. Apart from these easy to follow tips, there are some lifestyle changes that men can make to prevent and help in the treatment of prostate gland related problems and other men problems.
Yoga is one of the best ways to exercise and some asanas can be extremely beneficial for men. Garudasana, sarvangasana, simhasana, and shirshasana are four powerful poses that help alleviate men’s problems. Kapalabhati is effective breathing pranayama that does wonders. Men should quit smoking and drinking alcohol if they want to improve their prostate health. Ayurveda encourages taking breaks during work instead of sitting in one place for long periods. During this break, men can stretch and move around to.
Sleeping is important and Ayurveda states that you should get adequate sleep according to your needs. It is best if men follow a routine so that they sleep well every night. This can help keep the prostate healthy. Men should focus on maintaining their body temperature as anything extreme can cause an imbalance to occur. Men can opt for oil massage especially of their hands and feet as this can balance doshas and relax the body.
Tips for Prostate care:
Keep hydrated, drink sufficient water (at least 2 litres)
Do not hold back natural urges
Minimise intake of caffeine and alcohol
Avoid sitting in one place for too much time
Massage the area between the testicles and anus with castor oil gently
Include turmeric, cumin, mint, and fenugreek while cooking food