Agastya rasayanam is a rasayana formulation widely used in asthama, in lehya or paste form. also known as Agastya hareetaki rasasyana, Hareetaki (Terminalia chebula, being its main ingredient). Agasty refers to the name of the sage rishi, formulated this rasayanam, is named after him.
Agasthya Rasayanam Usage:
Improves the respiratory strength
Useful in many of the acute and chronic respiratory disorders.
AVP Ayurveda Agasthya Rasayanam Dosage:
½-1tsf once or twice or as directed by the physician.
Agasthya rasayana Ingredients
- Dashamoola (group of ten herb roots- brings down the local inflammation),
- Bala – sida cordifolia, Atmagutpa – Mucuna pruriens, Yava – barley,
- Gajapippali, Pippali moola (root of piper longum),
- Hareetaki terminalia chebula),
- Bharngi (clerodendron serratum), Pushkaramoola (Inula racemosa),
- Chitraka (Plumbago zeylanica), shati (curcuma zeodaria),
- Apamarga (Achyranthus aspera), –
All these herbs helps in relaxing the respiratory spasm, expels mucous out of the respiratory tract and eases breathing.
these drugs are the processed in the methodology of lehya formulation.