Balajeerakadi Kashayam is a very famous Ayurvedic medicine in liquid form. It is also known as Balajirakadi kashaya. This medicine is formulated based on Kerala Ayurveda practice.
Balajeerakadi Kashayam Benefits:
It is used in the treatment of respiratory conditions like bronchial asthma, cough, cold etc.
Balajeerakadi Kashayam Dose:
- The dose is 12 – 24 ml, before food, at about 6 – 7am and 6 – 7 pm or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- It is usually advised to add equal amount of water to the kashayam.
- Honey is usually advised as a co drink along with this medicine.
- It is also available in tablet form.
Pathya:Light food is to be taken.
Adjuvants:Vayu gulika or Pippali choorna.
Balajeerakadi Kashaya Side Effects:
There are no known side effects with this medicine.
Balajeerakadi Kashayam Ingredients:
- Bala – Sida cordifolia
- Jiraka – Cumin seeds
- Bilva – Aegle marmelos
- Abda – Cyperus rotundus
- Vrishamoola – Root of Adhatoda vasica
- Vishva – Ginger
- Suradruma – Cedrus deodara
- Guha – Oryza sativa
- Ikshu – Sugarcane
- Laja – parched grain.
It is added with 8 parts of water, boiled and reduced to quarter part, filtered.