Dashamoolakatutraya Kashayam is a very famous Ayurvedic medicine in liquid form. It is widely used in the treatment of respiratory conditions. This medicine is formulated based on Kerala Ayurveda practice.
Dasamoolakatutraya Kashayam Benefits:
It is used in the Ayurvedic treatment of Asthma, bronchitis, Cough, and related chest pain. It has an anti-inflammatory and broncho-dilatory effect.
Dasamulakadutraya Kashayam Dose:
- The dose is 12 – 24 ml, before food, at about 6 am and 6 pm or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- It is usually advised to add an equal amount of water to the kashayam.
- It is advised to have a little honey after taking / along this medicine.
- The dose of Kashayam tablet is – 2 tablets 2 times a day before food or as directed by Doctor.
Body movements, exposure to cold water, cold and mist are bestavoided. Food must be light and easily digestible. Chillies and especially tamarind must be avoided.
Honey or musk.
Dashamoolkatutraya Kashaya Side Effects:
There are no known side effects of this medicine.
A higher dose may cause gastritis.
Dasamoolakatutraya Kashayam Ingredients:
- Dashamoola – group of ten herbs. –
- Bilva – Aegle marmelos
- Agnimantha – Premna mucronata
- Shyonaka – Oroxylum indicum
- Patala – Stereospermum suaveolens
- Gambhari – Gmelina arborea
- Brihati – Solanum indicum
- Kantakari – Solanum xanthocarpum
- Gokshura – Tribulus terrestris
- Shalaparni – Desmodium gangeticum
- Prishnaparni – Uraria picta
- Katutraya – refers to Trikatu – Pepper, long pepper and ginger
- Vrisha – Adhatoda vasica
It is added with 8 parts of water, boiled and reduced to quarter part, filtered.