AVP Ayurveda Durvadi Thailam is an Ayurvedic skincare oil to relieve itching and to heal nonhealing wounds. This herbal oil is based on the Kerala Ayurveda principle. This is usually prepared in coconut or sesame oil base. It is also known as Durvadi kera tailam.
Durvadi Thailam benefits:
- It helps to bring about quick wound healing.
- Also used to apply over the scalp to relieve itching and dandruff, and scabies on the head.
- It is only used for external application only It is not used for internal administration.
- It is applied to the scalp and done gentle massage. It is applied at night and the next day morning, the head bath is taken.
- It can also be applied just half an hour before head bath.
- For skin and wounds, it is applied, left for half an hour to an hour, and washed off.
There are no known side effects of this medicine.
Durvadi Thailam Ingredients:
- Oil of Sesamum indicum / coconut oil
- Juice extract of Durva – Cynodon dactylon
- A paste made of Durva leaves
It is called Durvadi Kerathailam when it is prepared in a coconut oil base