AVP Ayurveda Gandhaka Tailam is a herbo-mineral traditional Ayurvedic oil. It is extensively used in the treatment of skin diseases such as dermatitis, scabies etc. It is used both for internal consumption and external application.
AVP Ayurveda Gandhaka Tailam Uses:
- Relieves pruritis (itching) and scabies.
- Good for internal and external use.
Ingredients of Gandhaka Thailam:
- Nimba tailam (Azadirachta indica)
- Kerajyam (Coconut milk)
- Gandhaka (Purified sulphur)
Direction for use of Gandhaka Tailam:
It is applied 2 – 4 times a day on affected skin area.
After application, it is best to wait for half an hour before washing off.
For oral intake –
- 5 – 30 drops once or twice a day before meals. half a cup of lukewarm milk or lukewarm water can be taken along with the oil.
- The oil can even be mixed with lukewarm milk and consumed.
- For children between 5 – 12 years – dose is 5-10 drops once or twice a day before food.
Shelf life: 3 years from the date of manufacture.
Gandhaka Tailam Side Effects:
Because it contains neem it may lower blood sugar levels. Hence, diabetic patients should take this medicine only under strict medical supervision.
Seek medical advice for its use during pregnancy.
- It can be used in children above 5 years and in lactating mothers in lower doses.
- It is best avoided in children below 5 years of age.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.
- Store in a cool dry place.