Guggulutiktam Kashayam is an Ayurvedic medicine used in treating inflammatory conditions of skin, joints and bones. It is in herbal decoction form. It is also available in Kashayam tablet form.
Gulguluthikthakam Kashayam Benefits:
- It is used in the treatment of Rheumatoid arthritis, gout.
- It is used in non-healing wounds, abscess, sinuses, and fistula.
- Useful in the treatment of psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, allergic dermatitis, hives.
- Excellent medicine for all types of inflammations especially pertaining to connective tissues, bones, and joints.
- It is also beneficial in skin diseases of the Vata-Kapha predominance.
- Reputed in tubercular glands, boils, scabies, eczema, syphilis, and anemia.
- Used in treating lumbar and cervical spondylosis.
Doctors also prescribe this for
- Obesity, to lose weight
- High cholesterol
- Dark pigmentation on facial skin
- Uterine fibroids, fatty liver changes
Guggulutiktam Kashayam Side effects:
- In very high doses, it may worsen gastritis.
- It is not suited in people with high Pitta conditions (sensitive stomach and skin). In them, further dilution with water might be required. It is best to administer this after food in sensitive stomach patients.
- One person complained of red rashes all over the body following its intake after 1 week.
- It is best to avoid this during pregnancy.
- It can be administered in lower doses during the lactation period and in children for a shorter period of a few weeks of time.
Guggulutiktakam Kashayam Dosage:
- 5 – 10 ml, before food, or on empty stomach, once or twice a day or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- As per traditional reference, it is advised along with rock salt and jaggery.
- If the kashayam is concentrated, then it needs to be mixed with an equal quantity of water and should be taken.
Guggulu fried and ground – 2 gm, honey, purified sulphur, Rasa sindhooram or Siddha makaradhwajam.
Guggulutiktam Kashayam Ingredients:
The kashayam is actually prepared by the formula of herbal ghee called – Guggulutiktaka Ghrita.
The herbal ingredients of this herbal ghee preparation is used to prepare water decoction.
- Nimba – neem – Azadirachta indica
- Patola – Trichosanthes dioica
- Vyaghri – Solanum xanthocarpum
- Guduchi – Tinospora cordifolia
- Vasa – Adhatoda vasica
- Patha – Cyclea peltata / Cissampelos pariera
- Vidanga – Embelia ribes
- Suradaru – Cedrus deodara
- Gajopakulya – Piper chaba
- Yavakshara – Hordeum vulgare
- Nagara – Zingiber officinalis
- Nisha – Turmeric
- Mishreya – Anethum sowa
- Chavya – Piper chaba
- Kushta – Saussurea lappa
- Tejovati – Zanthoxylum alatum
- Maricha – Black pepper
- Vatsaka – Holarrhena antidysenterica
- Deepyaka – Trachyspermum ammi
- Agni – Plumbago zeylanica
- Rohini – Picrorrhiza kurroa
- Arushkara – Purified Semecarpus anacardium
- Vacha – Acorus calamus
- Kanamoola – Piper longum – root
- Yukta – Pluchea lanceolata
- Manjishta – Rubia cordifolia
- Ativisha – Aconitum heterophyllum
- Vishani – Aconitum species
- Yavani – Trachyspermum ammi
- Shuddha Guggulu – Purified Commiphora mukul