Kalyana Ksharam is an Ayurvedic medicine, used in treating constipation, bloating, hemorrhoids, etc. This medicine is more used in South Indian Ayurveda practice. This medicine should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
Kalyana Ksharam uses:
- It is used in Ayurvedic treatment of hemorrhoids, constipation, bloating, Piles.
- It is used in sprue, intestinal worm infestation.
- It is used in urinary disorders such as UTI, dysuria, urinary calculi.
- It is used in respiratory diseases such as cough, cold, bronchitis and asthma.
- It improves digestion, cures spleen disorders and is excellent in stomach ache.
Kalyan Kshar Dosage:
125 mg – 500 mg used in various combination, for oral intake and also for external application.
Kalyana Ksharam side effects:
- Since it is a Kshara, it is best avoided in men seeking treatment for infertility, as it may affect the quality and quantity of sperm production.
- In higher doses, it may cause burning sensation and diarrhoea.
- It is not ideal to use this medicine in people with excessive tiredness, emaciation and who are underweight.
- This medicine should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
- It should be avoided in pregnancy, lactating mother and children.
Kalyanaksharam Bhasma ingredients:
10 grams of each of –
- Trikatu – Pepper, long pepper and ginger
- Bida, Saindhava and Samudra type of salts
- Haritaki – Terminalia chebula
- Vibhitaki – Terminalia bellirica
- Amalaki – Emblica officinalis
- Danti – Baliospermum montanum
- Arushkara – Purified and processed Semecarpus anacardium
- Chitraka – Plumbago zeylanica
- Eranda taila – Castor oil – 80 ml
- Cow urine – 160 ml
The above combination of burnt into ash in closed container to obtain the Kshara.