Karimbirumbadi Kashayam is an Ayurvedic medicine used in treating jaundice, anemia and hepatic conditions. It is in herbal decoction form. This medicine is based on Kerala Ayurveda principle. It is also available in Kashayam tablet form.
Karimbirumbadi Kashayam Benefits:
- It is used in Ayurvedic treatment for jaundice.
- It helps to restore normal liver function.
- Improves digestion.
- Useful in anorexia.
- It has been proved superb in anemia.
Karimbirumbadi Kashayam Side Effects:
- There are no known side effects of this medicine.
- A dose higher than the prescribed should be best avoided.
Karimbirumbadi Kashayam Dosage:
- 5 – 10 ml, before food, or on empty stomach, once or twice a day or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- If the kashayam is concentrated, then it needs to be mixed with equal quantity of water and should be taken.
- Hot, sour ans salty things must be reduced while taking this and food must be light and easily digestible.
- The ideal is liquid diet of buttermilk boiled with punarnava.
- Don’t drink or wash in cold water.
- Asafoetida, onion, horse gram, yellow pumpkin, brinjal andother items which encourage pitta must be avoided.
- Kantabhasma or Lohabhasma 200-400 mg.
- Instead of water buttermilk may be added to the kashaya.
- AVN manufactures this in tablet form.
Karimbirumbadi Kashayam Ingredients:
Herbal decoction is prepared from 10 grams of each of
- Pathya – Terminalia chebula
- Punarnava – Boerhaavia diffusa
- Bala – Sida rotusa
- Vajravalli – Cissus quadrangularis
- Mandooki – Centella asiatica
- Ikshu – Sugarcane – Saccharum officinarum
- Aya – Purified, processed Iron Bhasma
- Chincha – Tamarind – Tamarindus indica
- Hamsapadi – Adiantum lunulatum