Maha Kalyanaka Ghrita is an Ayurvedic medicine, in herbal ghee form. This medicine has ghee as its base. It is used for the preparatory procedures for Panchakarma and also as medicine.
Maha Kalyanaka Ghrita benefits:
- It is used as medicine and also in a preparatory procedure called snehakarma for the treatment of cough, anemia, epilepsy, psychosis, schizophrenia, infertility, inflammatory conditions, fever, lack of memory, etc.
- Inefficacy context, it is better than Kalyanaka ghrita
Mahakalyanaka ghrita, Mahakalyanaka ghritam
Maha Kalyanaka Ghrita dosage:
As medicine – quarter to a half teaspoon with water, usually before food, once or twice a day, or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
For the Panchakarma preparation – Snehana procedure, the dose depends on the disease status and the judgment of the Ayurvedic doctor.
Maha Kalyanaka Ghrita Side Effects:
- There are no known side effects with this medicine.
- However, it is best to use this product under medical supervision.
- Self-medication with this medicine is discouraged.
- People with diabetes, high cholesterol, heart diseases, and high BP should exercise precaution.
- In a very high dose, it may cause diarrhoea and indigestion.
Maha Kalyanaka Ghrita Ingredients:
- Sariva – Hemidesmus indicus
- Haridra – Turmeric
- Daruharidra – Berberis aristata
- Shalaparni – Desmodium gangeticum
- Prishnaparni – Uraria picta
- Phalini – Callicarpa macrophylla
- Triphala – Haritaki – Terminalia chebula, Vibhitaki – Terminalia bellirica, Amla – Emblica officinalis – 12 g each
- Vishala – Citrulus cholocynthis
- Bhadra ela – Amomum subulatum
- Devadaru – Cedrus deodara
- Elavaluka – Prunus avium
- Nata – Valeriana wallichi
- Brihati – Solanum indicum
- Kushta – Saussurea lappa
- Manjishta – Rubia cordifolia
- Nagakeshara – Mesua ferrea
- Dadimaphalatwak – Punica granatum
- Vella – Embelia ribes
- Talisapatra – Abbies webbiana
- Ela – Cardamom
- Malati – Jasminum sambac
- Utpala – Nymphea stellata
- Danti – Baliospermum montanum
- Padmaka – Prunus poddum
- Hima – Sandalwood – Santalum album
- Sarpi – ghee – 768 g
- Ghrista ksheera – Milk from a cow which has calved for the first time – 3.072 liters
The above combination is heated until herbal ghee is prepared.