AVP Ayurveda Vachadi thailam is an Ayurvedic herbal oil, used in the treatment of lymph node enlargement. It is used for external application and also for oral intake. This oil is most commonly used in south Indian Ayurveda practice.
AVP Ayurveda Vachadi tailam Uses:
- It helps to decrease size of inflamed lymph nodes. Lymphadenopathy, scrofula.
- It is also useful in the treatment of varicose vein, to reduce swelling and pain.
- It is used for external application only.
- It is also given for oral intake in a dose of 3 – 6 ml once or twice a day, before food, with warm water, or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- Externally, it can be used for a very long period of time.
- Oral administration is advised for not more than a month time.
Side effects of Vachadi Thailam:
- There are no apparent side effects with this medicine, on external application.
- However, this medicine is best avoided in pregnant ladies and children.
- Oral administration should only be done under medical supervision.
- Keep out of sight and reach of children. store in cool dry place, away from direct sunlight.
Vachadi Oil Ingredients:
- Vacha – Sweet flag (rhizome) – Acorus calamus – 38 g
- Haritaki – Chebulic Myrobalan (fruit rind) – Terminalia chebula – 38 g
- Laksha – Laccifer lacca – 38 g
- Katurohini – Picrorhiza kurroa – 38 g
- Chandana – Red Sandalwood – Pterocarpus santalinus – 38 g
- Taila – Oil of Sesamum indicum – 768 liters
- Water – 3.072 liters
Shelf life / expiry date – Three years from the date of manufacture. Once opened, it is best to empty the oil within 1 year.