AVP Virataradi Kashayam is a herbal decoction formulation, used in the treatment of urinary calculi, gravels, and associated abdominal pain.
Uses of Virataradi Kashayam:
Useful in the treatment of calculus, gravels, urinary strain and pain and all ailments due to vata disorders.
Ingredients of Virataradi Kashayam:
- Buka (Sesbania grandiflora)
- Vrisha (Adathoda vasica)
- Ashmabheda (Berginia ligulata)
- Gokantaka (Tribulus terrestris)
- Sahachara (Strobilanthes ciliatus)
- Vrikshadani (Lorantuus falcatus)
- Nala ( Lobelia nicotianifolia)
- Gunda (Cordia dichotoma)
- Gundra (Cyperus rotendus)
- Bhalluka (Oroxylum indicum)
- Morata (Chonemorpha fragrans)
- Kurutaka (Pergularia daemia)
- Rambha (Pandanus latifolia)
- Partha (Terminalia arjuna)
Dosage of Virataradi Kashayam:
5-15 ml mixed with 4 times of boiled and cooled water, or as directed by the physician.
Adjuvants- Honey, sugar, Vayu gulika or Gorochanadi gulika, Pravala bhasma or Shilijithu.
Pathya diet rules –
Ghee and milk are advised to the patient.
Gruel made of rice or green gram or coconut flower is preferable, plain or with milk.
Daily abhyanga is recommended.
Shelf life: 3 years from the date of manufacture.