AVP Ayurveda Chandanadi Thailam is an Ayurvedic oil. It is a natural coolant oil. It is used to relieve burning sensation, dizziness, etc. It is used to apply as hair oil and also used for whole body massage. It is used both for oral intake and external application.
Chandanadi Thailam Uses:
- It is to apply overhead and for nasal instillation (Nasya treatment) – to relieve burning sensation in the head, dizziness, and nasal bleeding.
- It is used to apply all over the body and massage – to relieve liver diseases such as jaundice, herpes, gout, and bleeding diseases.
- It is used for internal administration in cases of bleeding diseases, gout, heavy menstrual bleeding.
- It is also used in the treatment of psychosis.
Doctors also use this for the treatment of
- post-herpetic neuralgia – pain and burning sensation.
- Psychiatric disorders such as anxiety, schizophrenia, phobia etc. Because it balances Pitta Dosha, it helps to calm the mind.
How to use Chandanadi Thailam?
- It is used for nasal instillation in a dose of 2 – 8 drops, as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- Dose for internal administration – 2 – 3 ml, once or twice a day, before food with warm water, or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- Self medication with Nasya or oral intake is strictly contra indicated.
- It i also used for massage.
Chandanadi Taila Side Effects:
- In higher doses, or in cases where it is wrongly administered, it may cause loose stools and diarrhea.
- This medicine should only be taken under strict medical supervision.