Gandharvahasthadi Kashayam is an Ayurvedic medicines used in treating digestion diseases such as anorexia and bloating. It is in herbal decoction form. It is also available in Kashayam tablet form. This medicine is formulated based on Kerala Ayurveda practice.
Gandharvahasthadi Kashaya Benefits:
- Used in Ayurvedic treatment of bloating.
- Has a cleansing effect over intestines.
- Develops appetite.
- It helps to relieve anorexia.
- This is good for a harmless purge at all times. Physicians use this for purging if necessary in Dhara and other courses involving pathya. Its special characteristic is that though purging is contraindicated in vata, this is not so. A purging with this quickly controls backache and other vata ailments.
Doctors also suggest this for the treatment of
- Bulky uterus
- Painful periods
Gandharvahasthadi Kashayam Side Effects:
It may worsen diarrhea in people already suffering from it.
Gandharvahastadi Kashayam Dosage:
- 5 – 10 ml, before food, or on empty stomach, once or twice a day or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- As per traditional reference, it is advised along with rock alt and jaggery.
- If the kashayam is concentrated, then it needs to be mixed with equal quantity of water and should be taken.
- AVN manufactures this in Kashayam tablet form.
- Dose of Gandharvahastadi kashayam tablets is 2 tablets 2 times a day before food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
Rock salt, jaggery or a spoon full of caster oil.
Gandharvahasthadi Kashayam Ingredients:
The kashayam is prepared by following herbs in equal parts.
- Gandharvahasta – castor seed – Ricinus communis
- Chirabilva – Holoptelea integrifolia
- Hutasha – Chitraka – Plumbago zeylanica
- Vishwa – Ginger – Zingiber officinalis
- Pathya – Terminalia chebula
- Punarnava – Boerhaavia diffusa
- Yavasa – Alhagi pseudalhagi
- Bhumitaala – phyllanthus niruri