Mahavilwadi Leham is an Ayurvedic herbal jam medicine. It is used in treating digestive disorders, anemia, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, etc. It is commonly used in Kerala Ayurveda practice.
Mahavilvadi Lehyam Uses:
This is prescribed for various ailments like
- Loss of appetite, indigestion
- Grahani – IBS, sprue, altering diarrhea and constipation
- Asthma, cough, catarrh,
- jaundice and anemia.
- Splenic disorders
- Intestinal worm infestation
- Throat disorders
- Gulma – abdominal tumor, bloating.
Mahavilvadi Lehyam Ingredients of :
Each 10 gm contains-
- Vilwamula (Aegle marmelos)- Bael root 4.800 gm
- Guda (Jaggery)- 4.800 gm
- Sringavera (Zingiber officinale)- ginger rhizome 0.480 g
- Maricha (Piper nigrum)- Black pepper fruit – 0.640 g
- Pippali (Piper longum)- Long pepper fruit – 0.320 g
- Chavya (Piper cubeba)- 0.160 g
- Kesara (Crocus sativa)- Saffron – 0.080 g
- Pippalimula (Piper longum)- 0.320 g
- Chitraka (Plumbago zeylanica)- Leadwort root – 0.160 g
- Trijata (Cinnamomum zeylanicum, Elettaria cardamomum, Cinnamomum tamala)- each 0.040 g
- Jeeraka (Cuminum cyminum)- 0.320 g
- Pushparasam (Honey)- 1.333 ml
- Karpura (Cinnamomum camphora) – Camphor- 0.010 g
- Margikamada – 0.002 g
Dosage of Mahavilvadi Lehyam:
5-15 gram, half an hour before or after meals.
Shelf life: 3 years from the date of manufacture.
Mahavilwadi Lehyam Side effects:
- It is best to avoid this in diabetic patients since it contains jaggery.
- It is best to avoid this in people with constipation.