Nimbadi Kashayam is a very famous Ayurvedic medicine in liquid form. It is also known as Nimbadi Kashaya. The main ingredient of this medicine is neem.
Nimbadi Kashayam Benefits:
- It is used in the treatment of fever of Kapha origin. It also acts as a good antimicrobial agent.
- Reputed in boils over the body and in diabetic carbuncles. Even if boils have appeared all over the body, a bottle or two will show results.
Nimbadi Kashayam Dose:
- The dose is 12 – 24 ml, before food, at about 6 – 7 am and 6 – 7 pm or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- It is usually advised to add an equal amount of water to the kashayam.
- It is advised to take a little honey after taking this kashayam.
- Very strict. Meals should be of broken rice with boiled vegetables and buttermilk.
- Chilies, tamarind, and salt must be discarded.
- Rock salt, ghee, bitter gourd, elephant yam, plantains, green gram, ginger and other pathya items alone are allowed.
- Ordinary pathya rules and in certain conditions mixed pathya rules may have to be observed.
- Bathe only every 3rd or 4th day, that too not in cold water.
- For those with indigestion, this may be taken in 300 ml of water boiled with 10 gm of black cumin.
Honey, purified Guggulu 2 gm or fried Katukarohini (Picrorrhiza kurroa) 2 gm.
Nimbadi Kashaya Side Effects:
- There are no known side effects with this medicine.
- However, it is best to use this product under medical supervision.
- Self-medication with this medicine is discouraged.
- Special care and precaution is required while administering this medicine to people with diabetes.
- Overdose may lead to stomach irritation and gastritis.
Nimbadi Kashayam Ingredients:
- Nimba – Neem – Azadirachta indica
- Vishva – Ginger
- Amruta – Tinospora cordifolia
- Daru – Cedurs deodara
- Shati – Hedychium spicatum
- Bhunimba – Andrographis paniculata
- Paushkara – Inula racemosa
- Pippali – Long pepper
- Gajapippali – Scindapsus officinalis
- Brihati – Solanum indicum
It is added with 8 parts of water, boiled and reduced to quarter part, filtered.