Yavanyadi Choornam is an Ayurvedic medicine, in herbal powder form. It is mainly used in Ayurvedic treatment of respiratory diseases. It is also known as kapittashtaka churnam
Yavanyadi Choornam benefits:
It is used in the treatment of chronic respiratory diseases, piles, anorexia, diarrhoea, sprue.
Yavanyadi Choornam dosage:
- 1 – 3 grams along with water, once or twice daily after food or as advised by Ayurvedic doctor.
- Usually buttermilk is advised to be taken along with this medicine.
Yavanyadi Choornam Side Effects: In very higher doses, it may cause gastric irritation.
Yavanyadi Choornam Ingredients:
It is prepared from 10 grams of each of
- Yavani – Trachyspermum ammi
- Pippalimoola – Long pepper root
- Twak – Cinnamon
- Ela – cardamom
- Patra – Cinnamomum tamala
- Nagakeshara – Mesua ferrea
- Nagara – ginger
- Maricha – Pepper
- Agni – Plumbago zeylanica
- Jala – Pavonia odorata
- Ajaji – Cuminum cyminum
- Dhanyaka – Coriander
- 30 grams of each of
- Sauvarchala Lavana – Sochal salt
- Vrikshamla – Garcinia indica
- Dhataki – Woodfordia fruticosa
- Pippali – Long pepper
- Bilva – Aegle marmelos
- Dadima – Pomegranate
- Deepyaka – Trachyspermum roxburghianum
- Sita – sugar – 60 parts
- Kapittha – Feronia elephantum – 80 parts