Aviltoladi Bhasmam is an Ayurvedic medicine, used in the treatment of edema and ascites. It is in powder form. In Ayurvedic terms, it is a Kshara type of preparation.
Aviltoladi Bhasma Uses:
- It is used in the treatment of ascites and anemia.
- Used in Ayurvedic treatment of liver and spleen disorders.
- This is excellent in dropsy.
Avittoladi Bhasmam Dosage:
- 250 mg to 1 gram two times a day before or after food along with buttermilk or water, or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- The powder is added with buttermilk, heated and used.
Generally non-vegetarian, leafy preparations, snacks made of gingelly, curd, alcohol, too much of salt, tamarind and food items not usually taken and difficult to digest, day time sleep, sex and cold water must be totally avoided. Bathe in water boiled with Kokilaksha (Hygrophilia auriculata) cooled for the head and warm for the body, using Panchamla taila or Punarnavadi tailam. Don’t bathe daily. Buttermilk boiled with Punarnava (Boerhaavia diffusa) is good for drinking and to be taken with rice.
How long to use?
This medicine can be used for a period of 2 – 4 months only.
Aviltoladi Bhasmam side effects:
- Since it contains a variety of salts, this might not be an ideal medicine for people with hypertension.
- Since it has kshara as ingredient, this might affect the quality and quantity of sperm on long term use.
- Hence people undergoing medical treatment for low sperm count should exercise precaution.
Special Method of Preparation:
The drugs should be burnt in an uncovered earthen pot and ash should be obtained.
This is added with water and filtered. The liquid is added with buttermilk and fermented.
Expiry date: – 5 years, if stored in air tight containers.