Elakanadi Kashayam is an Ayurvedic medicine in liquid form. It is widely used in the treatment of chronic respiratory conditions. This medicine is formulated based on Kerala Ayurveda practice.
Elakanadi Kashayam Benefits:
- It is used in the Ayurvedic treatment of chronic bronchitis and chronic asthma.
- It is also used as an adjuvant in the treatment of tuberculosis.
Elakanadi Kashayam Dose:
- The dose is 12 – 24 ml, before food, at about 6 am and 6 pm or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- It is usually advised to add an equal amount of water to the kashayam.
- It is advised to have a little honey after taking / along this medicine.
Lac, sugar, liquorice, cumin or honey.
Elakanadi Kashayam Side Effects:
- There are no known side effects of this medicine.
- A higher dose may cause gastritis.