Katakakhadiradi Kashayam is an Ayurvedic medicine used in treating diabetes. It is in herbal decoction form. This medicine is based on Kerala Ayurveda principle. It is also available in capsule form.
Katakakhadiradi Kashaya Benefits:
- It is used in Ayurvedic diabetes management.
- It is helpful to relieve complications of diabetes such as neuropathy.
- It is rich in antioxidants since it contains Amla.
- It takes care of skin complications that usually diabetic people suffer.
- Good in urinary ailments.
Katakakhadiradi Kashayam Side Effects:
- This medicine should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
- A high dose may lead to hypoglycemia.
Katakakhadiradi Kashayam Dosage:
- 5 – 10 ml, before food, or on empty stomach, once or twice a day or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- If the kashayam is concentrated, then it needs to be mixed with equal quantity of water and should be taken.
- Dose of Kathaka Khadiradi kashayam capsules is 2 capsules 2 times a day before food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- But Kashayam form is more effective than capsule form.
- Avoid everything sweet and ghee and other unctuous items.
- Take only wheat, barley or old millet.
- Rice especially from fresh grain is taboo.
- Do exercise according to strength. Observe light pathya rules.
Niruryadi gulika, Swetha gunjadi gulika, Brihanmehantaka gulika, Mehasamhari gulika or Abhrabhasma as suited.
Katakakhadiradi Kashayam Ingredients:
Herbal decoction is prepared from 10 grams of each of
- Kataka – Strychnos potatorum
- Khadira – Acacia catechu
- Dhatri – Amla – Emblica officinalis
- Vairi – Salacia reticulata
- Darvi – Berberis aristata
- Samanga – Cassia mimosoides / Biophytum sensitivum Linn.
- Vidula – Barringtonia acutangula
- Rajani – Turmeric – Curcuma longa
- Pata – Cyclea peltata
- Chootabija – Mango seed – Mangifera indica
- Abhaya – Terminalia chebula
- Abda – Cyperus rotundus