Mahathikthakam Kashayam Usage:
- It is used in the treatment of Skin diseases of Pitta origin.
- It is used in herpes, pigmentation, non healing wounds, sinus tracks, abscess, boils.
- It is used in burning sensation in skin, pruritis (itching) and inflammatory conditons.
- It is effective in psychiatric conditions, heart diseases, eye diseases,
- It is used to heal fistula wounds, menorrhagia,
- It is effective in toxic conditions.
- It helps to relieve bleeding diseases.
Effect on Tridosha – Balances Vata, Pitta and Kapha at the level of skin. It has its main effect on Pitta.
Mahathikthakam Kashayam Dosage:
2-3tab,after food once or twice a day or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
Mahatiktam Kashayam Ingredients:
This herbal decoction is prepared based on the formula of Mahatiktaka ghrita.
Herbal decoction is prepared from 10 grams of each of
- Saptaparna – Alstonia scholaris
- Parpataka – Fumaria indica
- Shampaka – Cassia fistula
- Katuka – Picrorhiza kurroa
- Vacha – Acorus calamus
- Triphala – Haritaki – Terminalia chebula, Vibhitaki – Terminalia bellirica, Amla – Emblica officinalis
- Padmaka – Prunus poddum
- Patha – Cyclea peltata / Cissampelos pariera
- Haridra – Turmeric — Curcuma longa
- Daruharidra – Berberis aristata
- Sariva – Hemidsemus indicus
- Kana – Long pepper – Piper longum
- Nimba – Neem – Azadirachta indica
- Chandana – Sandalwood – Santalum album
- Yashti – Licorice – Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Vishala – Citrullus colocynthis
- Indrayava – Holarrhena antidysenterica
- Amruta – Tinospora cordifolia
- Kiratatikta – Swertia chiraita
- Sevya – Ficus religiosa
- Vrusha – Adhatoda vasica
- Murva – Marsdenia tenacissima
- Shatavari – Asparagus racemosus
- Patola – Trichosanthes dioica
- Ativisha – Aconitum heterophyllum
- Musta – Cyperus rotundus
- Trayanti – Gentiana kurroa
- Dhanvayasa – Alhagi pseudalhagi