Pathyaksha Dhatryadi Kashayam is an Ayurvedic medicine used to treat headache of various causes. It is an herbal decoction. It is also available in Kashayam tablet form.
Pathyaksha Dhatryadi Kashayam Benefits:
- It is mainly used in Ayurvedic treatment of headache, pain in the forehead, temporal region, migraine.
- It is also effective in pain associated with a tooth extraction.
- It improves eyesight and useful in eye diseases and vision problems.
Probable mode of action in Headache:
Turmeric is an excellent anti-inflammatory herb.
Triphala – helps in Kapha and Pitta balancing and also in Vata anulomana. It is generally advised for almost all diseases of the head and eyes.
Nimba, Bhunimba, and Guduchi decrease aggravated Pitta. Very useful in migraine with gastric symptoms.
Pathyaksha Dhatryadi Kashayam Side effects:
- There are no known side effects of this medicine.
- People with diabetes should take this medicine under strict medical supervision.
- It is best to avoid this medicine during pregnancy.
Pathyaksha Dhatryadi Kashayam dosage:
- 5 – 10 ml, before food, or on empty stomach, once or twice a day or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- It is should be taken along with a gram of jaggery.
- If the kashayam is concentrated, then it needs to be mixed with an equal quantity of water and should be taken.
- This is also available in Kashayam tablet form. The dose of Kashayam tablet is 2 tablets 2 times a day before food with jaggery.
Pathyaksha Dhatryadi Kashayam Ingredients:
An herbal decoction is prepared from 10 grams of each of
- Pathya – Terminalia chebula
- Aksha – Terminalia bellirica
- Dhatri – Amla – Emblica officinalis
- Bhunimba – Andrographis paniculata
- Nisha – Turmeric – Curcuma longa
- Nimba – Neem – Azadirachta indica
- Amruta – Tinospora cordifolia