Patolamooladi Kashayam is a very famous Ayurvedic medicine in liquid form. It is also known as Patolamuladi kashayam, Patolamooladi kashaya
Patolamooladi Kashayam Benefits:
- It is often used for detoxification purposes.
- It is used in the treatment of skin diseases involving itching, pigmentation, and burning sensation.
- It is used to treat piles, sprue, IBS.
- It is potent Ayurvedic medicine for jaundice, viral infections, and liver diseases.
- It is used in the treatment of fever.
- It cleanses the urinary bladder.
Doctors also prescribe this for
- High cholesterol
- Dark pigmentation on facial skin
- Acne vulgaris
Patolamooladi Kashayam Dose:
- The dose is 12 – 24 ml, before food, at about 6 – 7am and 6 – 7 pm or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- It is usually advised to add equal amount of water to the kashayam.
- It is advised to take a little quantity of honey after taking this kashayam.
Patolamooladi Kashaya Side Effects:
- There are no known side effects with this medicine.
- However, it is best to use this product under medical supervision.
- Self-medication with this medicine is discouraged.
- Special care and precaution is required while administering this medicine to people with diabetes.
Patolamooladi Kashayam Ingredients:
- Patola – Luffa acutangula – 6.75 g
- Triphala – Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Vibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica), Amla (Emblica officinalis) – 6.75 g each
- Vishala – Citrullus colocynthis – 6.75 g
- Trayamana – Gentiana kurroo – 1.5 g
- Katurohini – Picrorhiza kurroa – 1.5 g
- Nagara – Ginger – 0.75 g
It is added with 8 parts of water, boiled and reduced to quarter part, filtered.