Rasnasapthakam Kashayam is a liquid Ayurvedic medicine for back pain associated with injury, lumbar spondylosis, etc. It is an Ayurvedic herbal decoction. It is also available in Kashayam tablet and Kadha form. It is also known as Rasnasaptakam Kashayam.
Rasnasapthakam Kashayam Ingredients:
- Rasna – Pluchea lanceolata / Vanda roxburghi
- Amruta – Giloy – Tinospora cordifolia
- Devadaru – Deodar – Cedrus deodara
- Aragwadha – Cassia fistula
- Trikantaka – Tribulus terrestris
- Eranda – Castor root
- Punarnava (Spreading Hogweed – Boerhavia diffusa)
Rasnasapthakam Kashayam Uses:
It is traditionally indicated in –
- Janghashoola – hip pain
- Urushoola – thigh pain
- Prushtashoola – back pain
- Trikashoola – Lower back pain
- Parshwashoola – pain on the sides of abdomen – flanks
It is used in rheumatoid arthritis, low back pain, muscle twitch, pain due to lumbar spondylosis, thigh cramps, muscle stiffness, sciatica, abdominal colic pain etc.
Rasnasapthakam Kashayam Dose: – 12 – 24 ml, mixed with equal quantities of water, once or twice a day, preferably before food, or as directed by Ayurvedic physician.
Anupana – it is traditionally administered along with a pinch or two of ginger powder.
Rock salt, Dhanwantaram gulika or Ksheerabala and other tailas [avarti].
- Light food is to be taken.
- Avoid body movements especially hard work and journeys.
- Bathe every 3rd or 4th day in water boiled with Haritaki(Terminalia chebula), Bala(Sida cordifolia), or pepper leaves.
- Better use Dhanwantaram tailam for head and Kuzhampu for the body.
- Mutton soup may be taken according to digestion.
Rasnasapthakam Kashayam Side effects and precautions:
- There are no known side effects with this medicine.
- Seek medical advice for its use during pregnancy.
- It can be used during lactation and in children.
Kadha – 5 – 10 years
Kashayam tablet – 2 – 3 years
Kashaya – 3 years from the date of manufacture.