Sathadowtha Gritham: Shata-dhauta-ghrita (SDG) is an Ayurvedic preparation, commonly prescribed for treatment skin conditions. It is prepared by washing purified ghee one hundred times with water. This procedure transforms the ghee into a soft, cooling, nourishing, silky unguent that is used as a traditional moisturizer and antiwrinkle skin cream. SDG is a highly concentrated emollient, processed by hand according to ancient Ayurvedic teachings and imbued with mantras; true food for damaged skin as ghee penetrates and nourishes all seven layers of tissue.
- aids in rebuilding of dermal tissue, supporting healing of skin
- soothes pain due to skin irritation
- decreases inflammation
- moisturizing and astringent qualities help to balance the doshas in the skin
- excellent for reducing Vata and Pitta processes on the skin (sunburn, rosacea, eczema, acne)
- Rub a small dab of SDB directly on the affected area.
- If using for face, use about the size of ½ a dime and rub into skin with facial massage after washing.
- Store at room temperature
- Product improves with age; no expiry