AVP Ayurveda Thamboola lehyam is an Ayurvedic medicine used in respiratory conditions such as asthma, cold, cough etc. It is formulated based on Kerala Ayurveda principles. Thamboola means betel leaf, which is the main ingredient of this product.
AVP Ayurveda Thamboola Lehyam Benefits:
It is used in treating cold, cough, rhinitis, bronchitis, asthma, whooping cough, vomiting, catches and breatyh constraint.
Thamboola Lehyam Dosage:
- One teaspoonful once or twice a day before or after food, as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- It is usually given along with honey or warm water.
- For babies this may be given with an equal quantity of honey.
- Dosage for children below 5 years of age – 1 – 2 grams, once or twice a day, along with a teaspoon of honey or warm water / milk.
- Dosage for children between 5 – 12 years of age – 3-5 grams once or twice a day along with a teaspoon of honey or warm water / milk.
Thamboola Lehyam Side Effects:
There are no known side effects with this medicine.
Thamboola Lehyam Ingredients:
- Thamboola swarasa – Betel leaf juice extract (Piper betel)
- Khanda – sugar
- Himamshu – Bambusa bambos
- Krishna – Piper longum
- Jiraka – Cuminum cyminum
- Madhu – Honey
Shelf life: 3 years from the date of manufacturing. Once the bottle is opened, it is best to finish it within 4 – 5 months of time.