AVP Ayurveda Vilwadi Lehyam is an Ayurvedic medicine used for a variety of stomach-related complaints like vomiting, nausea, low digestion power, etc. It is a special medicine contributed by Kerala Ayurveda tradition. It is available in the form of herbal jam/paste. This is also known as Bilwadi Leha, Bilwadi lehyam, Bilvadi Leham, Vivaldi lehyam etc.
AVP Ayurveda Vilwadi Lehyam Uses:
- Nausea, vomiting, low digestion power, anorexia, grahani, asthma.
- Doctors also prescribe this for the treatment of
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome Associated with diarrhea (IBS-D)
- Crohn’s Disease
- Passing of mucous along with stools
Doctors also use this for the treatment of
- gastro esophageal reflux disease – GERD
- H Pylori infection, erosive gastritis, heartburn, acid reflux.
- Asthma, cold, cough – due to the presence of spices like ginger, cumin, black pepper and long pepper fruits.
Pathya – diet rules –
There are no product specific diet rules mentioned. Follow these gastritis diet and remedies
AVP Ayurveda Vilwadi Lehyam Dose:
- 5 – 10 g many times in a day.
- This medicine is prescribed to take in small quantities or in repeated dosage of around 2 gms, multiple times a day.
- Dosage for children below 5 years of age – 1 – 2 grams, once or twice a day, along with a teaspoon of honey or warm water / milk.
- Dosage for children between 5 – 12 years of age – 5 grams once or twice a day along with a teaspoon of honey or warm water / milk.
Vilwadi Lehyam Ingredients:
Vilwa – Aegle marmelos – 1.536 kg is added with
12.288 liters of water, boiled and reduced to 3.072 liters, filtered.
To this Kashayam, 768 grams of
one year old jaggery is added and heated to semi solid consistency.
It is added with 12 g of each of the following –
Musta (Cyperus rotundus), Coriander,
Cumin, Caraway, Cardamom, Cinnamon,
Nagakeshar (Mesua ferrea), Trikatu – Pepper, Long Pepper and Ginger.
Vilwadi Lehyam Side effects:
- One person has noted that the colour of the stool turned dark brown after taking this product. But it is usually not expected to happen with this medicine.
- Over-dosage may cause constipation.
- One person complained of itching and burning sensation. This could be due to low quality brand / product, than the nature of medicine.
Shelf life: 3 years from the date of manufacturing. Once the bottle is opened, it is best to finish it within 4 – 5 months of time.