Hinguvachadi Choornam 25G
Hinguvachadi Choornam is an Ayurvedic medicine, in herbal powder form. It is used in Ayurvedic treatment of indigestion, bloating and abdominal pain.
Hingu means Asafoetida, which is the first ingredient of this product.
Hinguvachadi Choornam uses:
- It is used in Ayurvedic treatment of anorexia, indigestion, sprue and malabsorption syndrome, bloating, intestinal gas, loss of appetite, dyspepsia, diarrhea, hydrocele, epilepsy, asthma, cough and abdominal pain.
- It is useful to relieve colicky abdominal pain arising due to spasm in internal organs such as the urinary bladder.
Doctors also prescribe this for the treatment of
- Low back pain, IBS – D Poly Cystic Ovarian Disorder (PCOD) – Because it contains Yavakshara, Garcinia Morella, Chitraka, Trikatu (ginger pepper and long pepper) – which are useful to lose weight and to reduce cyst size, it is very useful in PCOS.
- Hingu – Asafoetida is very useful in opening up the clogged arteries (blood pipes), so also is Vacha. Hence, Hinguvachadi Churna is also used for the treatment of Ischemic Heart Disease (IHD).
Hinguvachadi Choornam dosage:
- 1 – 3 grams once or twice a day before or after food or as directed by your doctor.
- It is traditionally administered along with buttermilk or warm water.
Hinguvachadi Choornam Side Effects:
- It is best avoided in people with high BP, since it contains salts.
- It is best avoided in very emaciated patients and in men seeking treatment for infertility. Because it contains Kshara as ingredient, which causes depleted sperm quality and quantity.
- It is best avoided in pregnant ladies
- Fine to use in children and lactating mothers, in lower doses.
- However, it is best to take it under medical supervision.
- Store in a cool dry place, away from sunlight.