Hinguvachadi Choornam is an Ayurvedic medicine, in herbal powder form. It is used in Ayurvedic treatment of indigestion, bloating and abdominal pain.
Hingu means Asafoetida, which is the first ingredient of this product.
Hinguvachadi Choornam uses:
- It is used in Ayurvedic treatment of anorexia, indigestion, sprue and malabsorption syndrome, bloating, intestinal gas, loss of appetite, dyspepsia, diarrhea, hydrocele, epilepsy, asthma, cough and abdominal pain.
- It is useful to relieve colicky abdominal pain arising due to spasm in internal organs such as the urinary bladder.
Doctors also prescribe this for the treatment of
- Low back pain, IBS – D Poly Cystic Ovarian Disorder (PCOD) – Because it contains Yavakshara, Garcinia Morella, Chitraka, Trikatu (ginger pepper and long pepper) – which are useful to lose weight and to reduce cyst size, it is very useful in PCOS.
- Hingu – Asafoetida is very useful in opening up the clogged arteries (blood pipes), so also is Vacha. Hence, Hinguvachadi Churna is also used for the treatment of Ischemic Heart Disease (IHD).
Hinguvachadi Choornam dosage:
- 1 – 3 grams once or twice a day before or after food or as directed by your doctor.
- It is traditionally administered along with buttermilk or warm water.
Hinguvachadi Choornam Side Effects:
- It is best avoided in people with high BP, since it contains salts.
- It is best avoided in very emaciated patients and in men seeking treatment for infertility. Because it contains Kshara as ingredient, which causes depleted sperm quality and quantity.
- It is best avoided in pregnant ladies
- Fine to use in children and lactating mothers, in lower doses.
- However, it is best to take it under medical supervision.
- Store in a cool dry place, away from sunlight.
Hinguvachadi Choornam Ingredients:
10 grams fine powder of each of
- Shuddha Hingu – Asa foetida – fried in ghee
- Vacha – Acorus calamus
- Vijaya – Terminalia chebula
- Pashugandha – Ajagandha – Cleome gynandra / Cleome viscosa
- Dadima – Pomegranate – Punica granatum
- Dipyaka – Trachyspermum ammi
- Dhanyaka – Coriander – Coriandrum sativum
- Patha – Cyclea peltata
- Pushkara – Inula racemosa – Pushkarmool is a very useful Ayurvedic herb, used in the treatment of heart diseases, respiratory diseases like asthma, bronchitis, cough etc. Its botanical name is Inula racemosa. It is one of the powerful herbs of Ayurveda.
- Shati – Hedychium spicatum
- Hapusha – Sphaeranthus indicus – Mundi- Sphaeranthus indicus is used in Ayurvedic treatment of pain, localized swelling, indigestion, headache, cough, elephantiasis, goiter, skin diseases and to improve the sexual vigor.
- Agni – Plumbago zeylanica
- Yavakshara – Hordeum vulgare
- Saindhava lavana – Rock salt
- Sauvarchala Lavana – Sochal salt
- Vida Lavana – Bida salt
- Shunti – Ginger – Zingiber officinalis
- Maricha – Black pepper – Piper nigrum
- Pippali – Long pepper – Piper longum
- Ajaji – Cumin – Cuminum cyminum
- Chavya – Piper chaba
- Tintidika – Rhus parviflora
- Vetasamla – Garcinia morella